If you can't join them set up your own.
Having tried and failed to join several book blogrings all of which seem to be closed or are not wanting bog(blog) standard commoners and riff raff I have set up the Bookaholic Blogring over on Ring Surf which you are welcome to join up to from the link at the top left of the blog here under Only Connect.
That's if you think you are enough of a riff raffy addicted bookaholic and would like to be associated with dovegreyreader scribbles and friends.
I will be personally checking each application to ensure you're addicted enough, here's a helpful checklist in case you are unsure
- you buy books knowing you already have two lifetime's worth on your shelves waiting to be read
- you start to worry about how much time you have got left and just how many books you still have left to read
- you can't resist a recommend from someone else
- you can't wait to tell the world and its mother about a great book you've read that should really be given free to every home in the land
- you go nowhere and I mean nowhere without at least one book upon your person
- you spend weeks agonising over which books to take on holiday
- if you go on holiday you take an empty suitcase as you're sure to buy books while you are away
- there is no hope of a cure and you wouldn't want one anyway
I'll also be checking nothing naughty creeps through but otherwise all book loving litbloggers are welcome here and it will hopefully grow into a wonderful and varied selection of readily accessible book blogs.
Once you've clicked to join you receive instructions on pasting some html (gives me the shivers any mention of that) onto your blog but it seems easy enough and once that's done it's plain sailing apparently.
PS As I slept America joined so we are now a ring of 4, and yes I have to tick a box to approve membership and then it should work.You should all be able to display the ring link on your blog if you want to and then it's quite simple to hop from one to the next.I've just travelled from Devon, to Chicago, Ohio then Spokane in about 5 minutes.